RESOURCE: Ten Questions You Should Ask Before You Flip Your Classroom
The purpose of the questions is to help teachers BEGIN the process of flipping their class. This is only the first step. Flipped Class 101 can lead to Flipped Learning, which is a second stage of the Flipped Class. Many teachers are asking for some step by step guidelines as they begin.
- What will you flip? A lesson, a unit/chapter, a subject, or a class
- Who will make your videos? Curate, create, or a combination
- Assuming you will create videos, what software will you use to make your videos? There is no right answer here. Choose the tool that works best for you. Explore some of the choices below before you start. Learn one of them and use it. I encourage you to start out simple, but as time goes on you may want to switch to a more feature-rich and usually more expensive software solution
- Once you have created your video, where will you place it so that your students can access it? We find it best to put these in a coherent place on a learning management system LMS. Vendors include Blackboard, Moodle , Schoology, Haiku Learning, Canvas, Edmodo, My Big Campus, Info Mentor, etc. The videos can also be hosted on video servers like YouTube , SchoolTube, Screencast.com, Dropbox,Google Drive, and other sites.
- How will you check or will you if your students watch or should we say interact with your online content?….