Mary Costello talks with Kelly Ritch, EVP of Product and Clinical Research Solutions, about how clinical research site management is changing – and marching towards sites being capable with decentralized clinical trials – in the face of the pandemic.
Mary’s more than 20 years of diverse experience in the industry position her well to provide insight from a variety of perspectives, including management, marketing, and the coordinator’s role.
She shares the new cornerstones of success that have emerged in the face of COVID, and illuminates ways we can all work together to help research sites deliver.
Enjoy this interview by video below, or by subscribing to our podcast on Simplecast, Spotify, or iTunes.
Mary Costello is the Head of Site and Investigator Network at Medable. In her role she works to ensure that the site’s perspective helps to inform development.
Prior to joining Medable, Mary worked in software, clinical research, and marketing at diverse organizations, including Covance, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and eClinical Solutions.
She brings to the table a strong appreciation for the value of the stakeholders’ experience, and is pleased to be working with a female founder for the first time in her career.
- How excellence in site management has changed since the pandemic.
- Why the sites are still the lynchpin.
- Why anxiety around decentralized clinical trials is misplaced.
- How a marketing perspective can serve clinical operations and site management.
- What sets sites apart that will succeed and sites that will struggle in this new landscape.
- Why it’s important to assess a site’s tech-readiness and physical situation before handing down directions on how a study will be run.
- Simply providing a site with technology isn’t enough, so what else needs to be done?
- Why prevention and preparation beat correction and remediation.
- How to maximize collected data through follow-up and implementation.
Mary Costello on LinkedIn
Conversations in Clinical Trial Readiness Interview Series